LITERARY ROUTES AND ROOTS – LITERATURE AND TOURISM
Open symposium (in English) will be held in Café Iðnó Vonarstræti 3 Reykjavík in cooperation with Reykjavík Literature festival and Reykjavík UNESCO City of Literature. This symposium is the first part of the conference.
Wednesday 11th September from 8.30-12.15
Symposium chairman: Mr. Vésteinn Ólason, professor emeritus.
9.00 Welcome speech
Mr. Illugi Gunnarsson, minister of education and culture.
9.10 Keynote speaker:
Dr. Hans Christian Andersen, Professor at Northumbria University for Marketing Travel and Tourism Management.
10.00 Presentations. The meaning of literary tourism and literature roots for cultural tourism.
- ”Saga trails in Iceland”: Rögnvaldur Guðmundsson, chairman of the Iceland Saga Trail Association.
- ”Reykjavík a UNESCO city of literature”: Einar Bárðarson, director of Visit Reykjavík.
10.30 Coffee break
- ”Astrid Lindgren´s books and tourism in Vimmerby”: Kjell-Åke Hansson, managing director of cultural centre Astrid Lindgren’s Näs, Vimmerby, Sweden
- ”HC Andersen and tourism”: Johs. Nørregaard Frandsen, professor and director of the Hans Christian Andersen Center, Odense, Denmark
- “To build a town on books”: Solveig Røvik from Bokbyen by Skagerrak Tvedestrand, Norway
11.30 Panel discussion
- lead by Vésteinn Ólason, symposium chairman
12.15 End of the symposium
Registration fee for the the morning symposium is ISK 5000 (50% discount for students).
Those who are not participating in the conferance but want to register for the symposium please send message to firstname.lastname@example.org and register in advance. The registration fee can be transferred to account 0101-26-4212, kt. 421299-3079 with the explanation “littmus”.
The program can be downloaded here